Re: install on nec mobilepro 780

Thank you very much for the response. I did some web searching after I read your message and I do see that gxemul (at last at one time) was said to have a complete emulation of this device and that it was tested with NetBSD. I do wonder how that would work since these devices come with a ROM chip that loads WinCE which must then be used to boot NetBSD using the hpcboot utility. I'm wondering if there are some variables there that might be different between the gxemul and the actual device.

As far as the install medium, I used a compact flash card with a DOS partition for the bootstrap utility and install kernel. I tried various options to get the sets once I was installing, FTP seemed to be the most reliable.

Anyhow I'm happy to help in whatever way I can from my end.