EdgeRouter Ethernet

Hey,

I just want to add my voice to the OCTEON kernel in current (as of two
days ago for me) having issues with the cnmac ethernet coming up live
on boot.

For me, with console access, I can pull the interface down,
reconfigure it once, twice, maybe thrice, and it starts to be able to
process packets, but before that it states its 'active' has an
ip-address (either set with an /etc/ifconfig.xx, or dhcpcd, I've tried
both) but can't be pinged or ping out until pulled up and down and
reconfigured.

Once it runs, it seems to work from then on (Two days now for me, with
mild activity building some packages).

I did also get a freezeup crash just running 'ifconfig -a' at one
point... so perhaps that can help diagnose the issue.

I am unsure of my previous OCTEON kernel worked, having tested it, but
reverting to my ERLITE (now shifted in HEAD to a more inclusive OCTEON
config) due to some other issue that I don't recall... maybe having to
do with npf?

-Brandon