re: XdecNetBSD gone from pmax' xserver.tgz in NetBSD 8.x?

> 1) The installation notes for NetBSD/pmax 8.1 at
> https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-8.1/pmax/INSTALL.html say the
> following:
>
> xserver The X server. This includes the Xpmax server with man page.
>
> Looking at
> ftp://ftp.dk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-7.2/pmax/binary/sets/xserver.tgz
> it seems to have an X server called XdecNetBSD. The corresponding
> xserver.tgz in 8.0 or 8.1 has no such file. (And none of them has anything
> called Xpmax.)
>
> Is the removal of XdecNetBSD from NetBSD 8.x intentional or unintentional?
> Is there an X server in 8.x, and if so, what is the binary called?

this is on purpose.  is there an Xorg and wsfb driver?  does
your system attach a 'wsdisplay'?

i think this can work with wsfb now days.

if not, then someone needs to port XdecNetBSD to modern xorg.
we had one older server ported to xorg 1.10 and then 1.18, but
it was reverted back to 1.10 when 1.20 removed things it wants,
until it has been updated.

ideally, converting the display code into an xf86-video-foo
driver is preferred (eg, see xf86-video-cg6 for older sparc
systems), but xf86-video-wsfb should work for most basic
operations if wsdisplay works.

.mrg.