Re: Total failure with gcc 5.4 mips64-eb userland

Hello,

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 22:40:15 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> I have done a gcc 5.4 build for my erlite-3 (evbmips64-eb) for some time.
> Very recently it started failing completely, init dies with exit(1) -
> which should mean "no /dev/console". Replacing just base.tgz from the
> autobuilds (i.e. keeping full gcc 5.4 kernel and all other sets) made
> the system work again.

My O2 runs an n32 userland with gcc 5.4. I did see a bunch of weird
problems last week ( right after gcc 5.4 was imported ) but they went
away after updating again a few days later and nuking $OBJDIR.
Those are all MKSOFTFLOAT=no builds which introduce their own problems
though.

> I think last update (working, probably gcc 5.3 back then) was from June 9.
>
> Any hints?

do a clean build?

have fun
Michael