Re: Latest mips/evbmips observations

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Michael wrote:

> So I made a patch that uses generic C code instead on n32 ( see attachment )
> With this, at least gcc doesn't crash anymore and it produced a few
> working binaries with -O2.

Thanks.  I'll try it when I next get a chance.

> > wscons switching doesn't always repaint the display completely, leaving
> > characters from another virtual terminal on the screen.  The specific
>
> Which driver is that?

lynxfb0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: vendor 0x126f product 0x0712 (rev. 0xb0)
lynxfb0: 1024 x 600, 16 bpp, stride 2048
wsdisplay0 at lynxfb0 kbdmux 1: console (default, vt100 emulation)
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0

Also, if one has scrolled the display back and further output occurs,
the display is overwritten with the new output--which may be desirable
as opposed to emulating "reposition and scroll on output" like the
default behavior of xterm, etc.  (I don't seem to remember how x86
virtual terminals behave in this situation...)