Re: N64 5.0.1 MALTA kernel boots (to root device prompt)!

On Aug 21, 2009, at 5:19 AM, Andy Ruhl wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first 64 bit mips dmesg ever posted to a NetBSD list? I think it might be, but I haven't really been in the loop all that much either. "N64" threw me a bit, I was thinking of the game console when I saw that... What does it mean here?

Yes it is.

N64 is the ABI that the kernel is using.

The intent is to run a N32/N64 multilib userland with a N64 (64-bit) kernel.
N32 is a ILP32 LL64 model which LL types are in a single 64bit register.
N64 is a standard LP64 model.