Subject: Mapping uncached memory to user space
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Saravana Prasad <saravanaprasads@yahoo.co.in>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/13/2007 14:33:05
Hi,

   I need a mechanism to map a register space of a
device to user process which controls the device in
question.

    I was thinking about writing a simple device
driver to map the required space to the process using
mmap system call.

    One question I have in this regard is, how to make
the resultant memory access from user process
un-cached. If I'm not wrong, the PTE used for mapping
should carry this information. How this can be
accomplished? Any pointers will be helpful. The
processor in question is MIPS 24Kc (mips32 compliant).

Regards,
Saravana

      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html