Subject: Re: Test kernels
To: None <ad@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/27/2007 22:02:46
ad@NetBSD.org wrote:

> 	arc, cobalt, hpcmips, ibmnws, ofppc, mipsco, mvmeppc,
> 	newsmips, sbmips, sgimips, pmppc, ews4800mips
>
> If you have a machine from the above set and have the time to boot a kernel
> from the URL below, I'd appreciate it. If the system comes up multiuser it's
> enough to demonstrate that the changes are working.

The following ones work fine on multiuser:

arc.bz2 on Express5800/230(R4400)
ews4800mips.bz2 on EWS4800/360AD(R4400)
hpcmips.bz2 on gxemul emulating MobilePro770(VR4121) with 4.0_RC4 userland
newsmips.bz2 on NWS-1750(R3000) and NWS-5000(R4400)
sgimips-ip3x.bz2 on O2(R5000)

vmstat -i on newsmips shows:
---
% vmstat -i
interrupt                                     total     rate
serial0                                        1606        2
ether                                           580        1
scsi                                           1284        2
clock                                         55288      100
softint net/0                                   355        0
softint bio/0                                     1        0
softint clk/0                                  6627       12
softint ser/0                                   111        0
Total                                         65852      119

%
---

There are some reports that even 4.0_RC4 GENERIC won't boot
on real hpcmips machines (via hpcboot.exe or pbsdboot.exe) though.
---
Izumi Tsutsui