Subject: ddb and symbols on sgimips
To: None <port-mips@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/26/2006 11:18:31
I recently noticed that ddb had no symbols on my sgimips (O2) machine - so
I started looking for the missing things. After fixing the bootloader to
pass them, I now have symbols, and /dev/ksyms works fine.

But, to my suprise, ddb backtrace does not show names:

Stopped at      netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        jr      ra
                bdslot: nop
db> bt
803bb96c+898 (ff00,bf390000,5,400) ra 80182084 sz 0
80181a98+5ec (ff00,bf390000,5,400) ra 0 sz 0
User-level: curlwp NULL
db> c

So ddb knows where I stopped it, but the backtrace does not display symbols.

I looked around the source and beside a DDB_TRACE symbol never defined
anywhere in our source tree I did not find any hints.

Is mips ddb support just incomplete (this is how it looks to me), or did I
do something sgimips specific wrong?

Martin