Subject: Alchemy Au15XX PCI diffs
To: None <port-evbmips@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org,>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 01/24/2006 15:04:14
Everyone,

I've posted my latest diffs for Alchemy PCI support (and probably a few
other Alchemy fixes as well -- I didn't want to split them all out --
kind of painful to do that) into a diff file at

    http://garrett.damore.org/software/netbsd/aupci.diff

The diffs are about 7K lines, and are done against -current updated last
night.  They appear to work properly (at least I'm able to use a RealTek
gigE card without problem).

There appears to be at least two debugging lines still lurking in the
source, and I'll remove those before final commit to CVS.

I would love to have someone review and (for those with hardware) test
these changes.

These changes introduce three kernel configs in evbmips:

    * ALCHEMY - generic Au1550 support (no PCI support) -- same as the
old PB1000 file basically.

    * ZINFANDEL - Au1500 development board support

    * CABERNET - Au1550 development board support

I have removed the old PB1000 file.

Configs for other boards/hardware can be created if someone wants to
send me hardware to validate against.  (I can pretty much use the Monta
Vista Linux source to answer questions about PCI routing etc.)  I'm
unlikely to bother actually supporting the Pb1000 boards, because they
use an off-chip FPGA for PCI support that works differently (and there
aren't any of these older Au1000 parts still in production).  If someone
wants that board supported, they can write that code themselves. :-)

I would like to just commit these changes as a group, though I have done
send-pr for a couple of the smaller bits that are included.  But it
would be a lot easier for me to commit the lot of them together so that
we can just move forward.  I'm happy to do whatever folks want me to
do.  (I'm still waiting for a CVS account in any case, though I'm told
that it is on its way.)

Constructive criticism is welcomed.  Flames to /dev/null.

--
Garrett D'Amore                          http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Sr. Staff Engineer          Extending the Power of 64-bit UNIX Computing