Subject: Re: NetBSD 3?
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/21/2005 10:52:32
>> Stopped in pid 2728.1 (try) at  netbsd:trapsignal+0x48: lw      s5,12(a1)

> Does a patch noted in port-mis/26410 help?
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mips/2004/07/03/0002.html

It'll take me a while to test it, but I will.

The problem doesn't happen on stock systems. Apparently, I had an older
mk.conf which had CPU specific compiler options which caused this. The
system was completely stock with the rc6 sets from ftp.netbsd.org and the
only things compiled with the extra options were the pkgsrc tools. I
removed those options from mk.conf, and it doesn't panic.

Of course, the better fix would be that it could never be paniced from
multiuser mode...

Thanks,
John