Subject: 2.1 Kernels do not boot when booted with bootloader other than
To: NetBSD <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/20/2005 10:46:46
Hi,
I am trying to create restore environment hosted on cygwin and I run in
to following problem - 2.1 kernel does not boot when booted with
bootloader other than netbsd. I actually tried 2 different ones - qube
native bootloader and colo. Both of these are able to boot 1.6.1 kernel
that I took of restore cd but nether of them is able to boot 2.1.

I have two kernels that I compiled and both of them boot from disk. They
are booted by netbsd bootloader. When I try to boot them over the
network with colo or builtin qube firmware they get stuck after
following lines:
invalid bootinfo (standalone boot?)
[ Kernel symbol table missing! ]

These are the last lines I see, and nothing happening anymore. What
could be causing this ? Next I will try GENERIC kernel, but I suspect
that I will get the same result.

Anyone is willing to help me? Kernels past 2.1 may have this problem as
well.

Thanks,
Alex