Subject: Re: need advice regarding Au 1550 (MIPS) memory mapping
To: None <petrov@NetBSD.org>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 09/30/2005 23:23:17
In message: <20050930183324.GA28951@NetBSD.org>
            Andrey Petrov <petrov@NetBSD.org> writes:
: On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 09:08:07AM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
: > Thanks for the advice.  It looks like I need to change the size of
: > paddr_t, to accomodate a larger 36-bit value.  (The ARC port already
: > does this, though I don't know why it needs 64-bit values here.)
: >
:
: If you need 36-bit address (constant prefixes even) only for PCI access then
: likely you can work it out in your bus_.. functions. And that wouldn't justify
: larger paddr_t and new port, I understand temptation thou -)

You still need to map those addresses into a 32-bit address space
somehow.  You may need to do something special in the bus* functions
as well, but the basic mapping has to be there first.  Since PCI bus
acccesses are likely to be common, it likely makes good sense to
hard-wire a page of appropriate size to cover the PCI bus in the TLB.

Warner