Subject: Re: Bootloader source
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/07/2005 23:40:48
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Alex Pelts wrote:
> I was wondering where could I get source for the boot loader that is on the
> cobalt restore cd?
> It is certainly not in the kernel tree. Is it somewhere on netbsd site. I
> tried to reverse-engineer a little and found that it was specially made for
> cobalt and netbsd. It could be adaptation of some other boot loader which was
> compiled for cobalt.
>
> Anyone knows anything about this ?

NetBSD bootloaders are usually(?) kept in the "stand"  (standalone)
directory of the architecture specific part of the kernel, and from a
quick peek at src/sys/arch/cobalt/stand, this seems to be so for the
cobalt port, too:

 	miyu% pwd
 	/home/cvs/src-current/sys/arch/cobalt/stand
 	miyu% ls boot/
 	CVS        bootinfo.c common.h   devopen.c  prf.c      wd.c
 	Makefile   bootinfo.h conf.c     ns16550.c  start.S    wdc.c
 	boot.c     clock.c    cons.c     ns16550.h  tgets.c    wdvar.h
 	boot.h     com.c      cons.h     pciide.c   version

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)