Subject: Re: Anyone running know about Densan DVE R4951/20?
To: Michael Maki Kato <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/01/2005 16:36:12
On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:57:25PM -0500, Michael Maki Kato wrote:

> So, to my surprise I managed to acquire a Densan VME mips board.
>
> http://www.digitalcommute.com/DVE_R4951-20a.jpg
> http://www.digitalcommute.com/DVE_R4951-20b.jpg
>
> I think these run a Toshiba 4951 at 200MHz, and it looks like it has
> 16Mb ram onboard with scsi and 10baseT.
>
> That's all I know about these so far.  Does anyone on this list know
> more about these?  I'm looking for any kind of docs that I could use to
> get NetBSD onto this board.  I'm not going to get to this right away,
> but I plan to eventually.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you in
> advance,

The CPU is a Toshiba 4951 and looks to be a relatively standard MIPS III
CPU.  The immediate worry is the Altera and Densan chips which will be
custom chips of some sort.  Can you find any internal documentation on
this board?

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>