Subject: Re: gas warning on mipsX_subr.S
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/25/2005 21:40:13
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 12:21:40PM -0800, Alex Pelts wrote:
> Rather than do this I would agree with Eric

I would not dare to argue with Eric on mips assembly either ;-)
This is not my code and I won't touch it - I just wanted to point out
that this is likely harmless.

I copied a few lines too few last time.

Martin

outofworld:
        /* eret to panic so shutdown can use K2.  Try to ensure valid $sp. */
        la      a0, _C_LABEL(panic)
        _MFC0   a2, MIPS_COP_0_EXC_PC
        move    a1, sp
        sll     k0, k0, PGSHIFT
        _MTC0   a0, MIPS_COP_0_EXC_PC           # return to panic
        COP0_SYNC
        li      k1, VM_MIN_KERNEL_ADDRESS
        addu    a3, k0, k1
#if defined(DDB)
        bltz    sp, 1f                          # for ddb try to keep frame
        nop
#endif
        la      sp, start                       # set sp to a valid place
1:      la      a0, 9f                          # string
        eret

        .set    at
END(MIPSX(TLBMissException))