Subject: Re: gas warning on mipsX_subr.S
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/25/2005 20:55:08
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 11:38:20AM -0800, Alex Pelts wrote:
> This is certainly not harmles at all. I would offer more insights but it
> would help to know which version of kernel are you trying to compile or
> the assembly snippet that generates warning.

It is in current (sys/arch/mips/mipsX_subr.S), the lw after beq to outofworld:

        beq     k1, zero, outofworld            # No. Failing beyond. . .
        lw      k1, _C_LABEL(Sysmap)

and

#else
        beq     k1, zero, outofworld            # No. Failing beyond. . .
#endif
        lw      k1, _C_LABEL(Sysmap)

and the target:

outofworld:
        /* eret to panic so shutdown can use K2.  Try to ensure valid $sp. */
        la      a0, _C_LABEL(panic)
        _MFC0   a2, MIPS_COP_0_EXC_PC
        move    a1, sp
        sll     k0, k0, PGSHIFT
        _MTC0   a0, MIPS_COP_0_EXC_PC           # return to panic
        COP0_SYNC

Martin