Subject: LKM problem on pmax with NetBSD 1.6.2
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Engel <engel@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 08/09/2004 11:57:19
Hi,

I'm trying to build and use a LKM for NetBSD/pmax according to
Benedikt Meurer's documentation at
http://www.home.unix-ag.org/bmeurer/NetBSD/howto-lkm.html

I've seen several postings from May 2004 that say LKMs don't work
on mips for 1.6.2. In fact, I'm getting exactly the same error messages
as Chris Jowell described in his posting
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mips/2004/05/19/0000.html):

fibo.o: ld: /usr/pkg/lkm/fibo.o: Not enough room for program headers
(allocated 3, need 4)
ld: final link failed: Bad value
modload: can't prelink 'fibo.o' creating 'fibo'

Did anyone already try Simon Burge's patch described in
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mips/2004/05/05/0001.html
or is there any other solution to the problem?
I couldn't find any success reports in the ML archives...

Best regards,
	Michael Engel

PS: I'm currently running NetBSD/pmax 1.6.2 in emulation on
        mips64emul, but I don't expect this to be a problem. I'll have
        to dig out a real DECstation to test against.