Subject: Re: First tries with a custom toolchain to build NetBSD/mips64
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Braun <syn@sceen.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 08/04/2004 07:27:27
--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 11:48:45AM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> Richard Braun syn@sceen.net asked;
>=20
> > I have built a custom toolchain using binutils 2.15 and gcc 3.3.4 which
> > can crosscompile to 64 bits MIPS processors. My problem is that I'm not
> > sure it really works. I have compile
> >=20
>=20
> Just curious, what's really do you want for this kernel?  NetBSD/mips is =
not
> designed to run 64bit mode.
>=20
> Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology
>=20
>=20

In the long run, I want to begin first stage development for NetBSD/mips64,
so that other people who own Octanes or unsupported O2 can use NetBSD...
Just want to try to add 64 bits support :-).

The toolchain I used isn't related to NetBSD. Actually, nothing is related
to NetBSD yet in what I posted. But if I'm able to run a small program on
real hardware, I'll be able to do more in the future, that's all :-).

--=20
Richard Braun

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--