Subject: Status of 64 bits support
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Braun <syn@sceen.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/07/2004 23:54:40
--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

Hello,

As i've just got an Octane with a R10000 processor (i've posted some messag=
es
on port-sgimips already), I'm interested in the status of the NetBSD/mips64
port (if this is its official name). I'd also like to report that my machine
can be used for any development test. In other words I'd like to participate
to the development :-).

The main thing I want to know about the porting process is the toolchain
changes. I know it has to create 64 bits code, but does that involves
modifying gcc as well ?

Thanks for any reply :-).

--=20
Richard Braun