Subject: Re: mozille trouble again
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Florian_St=F6hr?= <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/06/2004 02:59:20
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Simon Burge wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:09:54AM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
>
> > Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> >
> > > I suspect that pthreads are broken on MIPS -- a week or two ago, someone else
> > > on port-sgimips noted that a simple pthread example program would kill the
> > > machine.
> > >
> > > Do any MIPS gurus have the time to look at this?  I'm not exactly qualified to
> > > go rooting around in what is probably going to be pmap code ...
> >
> > I'll try to look at this some more over the weekend.
>
> It looks like this problem has been around since November 2002(!).  I've
> fixed this with rev 1.102 of sys/arch/mips/mips/vm_machdep.c.  The fork
> pthread regression test now works.  If some folks can try more complex
> programs and report the results I'd be appreciative.
>
> Simon.
> --
> Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
> NetBSD Development, Support and Service:   http://www.wasabisystems.com/

Hi!

Bad news from the mozilla wars...

1.6ZK:
My thread test program now works. Cool!

The mozilla install runs to a segfault.

The firefox-0.8 executable segfaults

Now something of interest:
In the work directory of firefox's pkgsrc, there's a "TestGtkEmbed". This
will also segfault.

Then I looked around a bit and discovered gdk-pixbuf has a small demo
program in its pkgsrc work folder (subfolder demo). This program will
produce RANDOM GARBAGE in its window on sgimips. Works fine on i386.

Can someone please verify this garbage output?

The firefox does not segfault immediately, it seems like it crashed when
it tries to display the window. Dumps a funny 47-MB corefile...

Thanks
Florian