Subject: Re: mozille trouble again
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org, port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/29/2004 03:03:43
On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:09:54AM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:

> Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
>
> > I suspect that pthreads are broken on MIPS -- a week or two ago, someone else
> > on port-sgimips noted that a simple pthread example program would kill the
> > machine.
> >
> > Do any MIPS gurus have the time to look at this?  I'm not exactly qualified to
> > go rooting around in what is probably going to be pmap code ...
>
> I'll try to look at this some more over the weekend.

It looks like this problem has been around since November 2002(!).  I've
fixed this with rev 1.102 of sys/arch/mips/mips/vm_machdep.c.  The fork
pthread regression test now works.  If some folks can try more complex
programs and report the results I'd be appreciative.

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
NetBSD Development, Support and Service:   http://www.wasabisystems.com/