Subject: Re: mozille trouble again
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/27/2004 00:09:54
Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

> (cross-posted to port-mips as it is most likely a MIPS issue rather than
> a sgimips issue)

Indeed it appears to be...

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:07:04PM +0100, Florian St?hr wrote:
>
> > just installed -current for sgimips. Now I finally made it - with the
> > newest pkgsrc from yesterday - to compile the MozillaFirebird.
> >
> > But this package with neither install nor run. System crashes and reboots
> > without any message.
> >
> > So I wonder: Is the ANYBODY outside in the NetBSD world who successfully
> > runs ANY of the mozilla's on the /sgimips ?!?
>
> I've built and attempted to run mozilla on -current/sgimips.  It locks the
> machine hard.

I've just tried to run the regression tests on a little-endian sbmips
board, and sure enough it wedges hard in the regress/lib/libpthread/fork
test, such that a console break doesn't drop to ddb.

> I suspect that pthreads are broken on MIPS -- a week or two ago, someone else
> on port-sgimips noted that a simple pthread example program would kill the
> machine.
>
> Do any MIPS gurus have the time to look at this?  I'm not exactly qualified to
> go rooting around in what is probably going to be pmap code ...

I'll try to look at this some more over the weekend.

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/