Subject: Re: mozille trouble again
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/26/2004 17:45:29
(cross-posted to port-mips as it is most likely a MIPS issue rather than
a sgimips issue)

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:07:04PM +0100, Florian St?hr wrote:

> just installed -current for sgimips. Now I finally made it - with the
> newest pkgsrc from yesterday - to compile the MozillaFirebird.
>
> But this package with neither install nor run. System crashes and reboots
> without any message.
>
> So I wonder: Is the ANYBODY outside in the NetBSD world who successfully
> runs ANY of the mozilla's on the /sgimips ?!?

I've built and attempted to run mozilla on -current/sgimips.  It locks the
machine hard.

I suspect that pthreads are broken on MIPS -- a week or two ago, someone else
on port-sgimips noted that a simple pthread example program would kill the
machine.

Do any MIPS gurus have the time to look at this?  I'm not exactly qualified to
go rooting around in what is probably going to be pmap code ...

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)