Subject: Re: toolchain/23002: gcc3.3.1 miscompiles newsyslog on ARM
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/16/2003 16:39:14
Chris,

I notice you followed up to Jason's original request.

The 'ARM problem' turned out to be in loop.c not in gcse (gcse had done
some transformation that the loop optimizer didn't understand).  Does the
patch I installed fix the MIPS problem you reported?

R.

NB.  I don't have a mips machine, or understand mips assembler, so I can't
look into the problem, this is just to notify you of some activity in the
area.