Subject: Re: Sumitomo MIPS workstation
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/23/2003 10:11:57
Dennis Grevenstein <dennis@pcde.inka.de> wrote;

> I just bargained an old Sumistation S-P300 workstation made by
> Sumitomo on ebay. It's complete and boots up a strange system
> named SEIUX. It has a MIPS R3000, probably 25MHz. It looks
> like the box has 32MB RAM. There is a pretty nice color graphics
> card too. The box itself is about the size of a standard SPARCstation.
> So far so funny. Does anybody know more about this creature?

Here is a guy knows it.

> It's said to be a cloned MIPSco machine. SEIUX should be based
> on RISC/OS, but I never had a RISC/OS box, so I have no idea
> about that platform.

It's a plain MIPS box whose design was derived from model 2020
("i2000" or "Jupiter workstation") of MIPS Computer system.
The design was modest, not on an edge of that time; LANCE, AIC
SCSI w/o DMA and NEC uPD72001 serial.  It should be just ok to
treat it as a NetBSD/mipsco variant.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology