Subject: Re: siemens rm300c
To: Marc <marc.groeneveld@hccnet.nl>
From: Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/12/2003 20:58:13
Thus spake Marc (marc.groeneveld@hccnet.nl):

> I have a rm300c from siemens nixdorf (R4400 mips processor, 64M RAM) and
> want to put NetBSD on it.
> Is this possible?

Not yet.
I have an RM400 with a R4000, are you sure your RM300 has a R4400?
Anyways, I was going to try it on my RM400 soon (also unsupported at the
moment), and maybe even add support for it.  Let's see.

> Has someone tried and succeeded?

Several people have tried for an RM400, including me, and someone also
replied, he had patches (for a RM400), last time I asked.  However,
currently it is unsupported.

> Maybe someone has some hints?

If you want to help porting it, drop me a note.  I might start with it
after my exams are over, which is in 2-3 weeks.

Alex