Subject: Re: 64bit FP emulation
To: Dominic Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/18/2002 07:13:09
--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 02:48:57PM +0000, Dominic Sweetman wrote:

 > Alas, that doesn't help: they did their worrying about GPL already.

True enough.

 > Can you send me some example copyright headers?  It might be best to
 > send two:
 >
 > 1. a "classic" simple NetBSD copyright header;
 >
 > 2. an acceptable header from the most paranoid supplier you can think
 >    of...
 >
 > My guess is we'll come in nearer (2) than (1)...

Sure, what I have here are two "classic" notices (a stock Berkeley notice,
plus a NetBSD Foundation, Inc. notice ... the latter serves as an example
of how the classic notice can be modified for another organization).  This
can be further modified, also ... e.g. removal of the "advertising clause"
as is somewhat popular these days.

I've also included the Broadcom notice that appears on our SiByte CPU
support code.  We all know that Broadcom is very paranoid about IP :-)

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

/*
 * Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
 *	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
 *    must display the following acknowledgement:
 *	This product includes software developed by the University of
 *	California, Berkeley and its contributors.
 * 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
 *    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
 *    without specific prior written permission.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
 * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
 * ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

/*-
 * Copyright (c) 1999 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
 *    must display the following acknowledgement:
 *	This product includes software developed by the NetBSD
 *	Foundation, Inc. and its contributors.
 * 4. Neither the name of The NetBSD Foundation nor the names of its
 *    contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
 *    from this software without specific prior written permission.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE NETBSD FOUNDATION, INC. AND CONTRIBUTORS
 * ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
 * TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
 * PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR CONTRIBUTORS
 * BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
 * CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
 * SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
 * INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
 * CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
 * ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
 * POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

/*  *********************************************************************
    *
    *  Copyright 2000,2001
    *  Broadcom Corporation. All rights reserved.
    *
    *  This software is furnished under license and may be used and
    *  copied only in accordance with the following terms and
    *  conditions.  Subject to these conditions, you may download,
    *  copy, install, use, modify and distribute modified or unmodified
    *  copies of this software in source and/or binary form.  No title
    *  or ownership is transferred hereby.
    *
    *  1) Any source code used, modified or distributed must reproduce
    *     and retain this copyright notice and list of conditions as
    *     they appear in the source file.
    *
    *  2) No right is granted to use any trade name, trademark, or
    *     logo of Broadcom Corporation. Neither the "Broadcom
    *     Corporation" name nor any trademark or logo of Broadcom
    *     Corporation may be used to endorse or promote products
    *     derived from this software without the prior written
    *     permission of Broadcom Corporation.
    *
    *  3) THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR
    *     IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED
    *     WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
    *     PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT
    *     SHALL BROADCOM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, AND IN
    *     PARTICULAR, BROADCOM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT,
    *     INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
    *     (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE
    *     GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
    *     BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY
    *     OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR
    *     TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF ADVISED OF
    *     THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--