Subject: Re: 64bit FP emulation
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Dominic Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/18/2002 11:02:26
Jason R Thorpe (thorpej@wasabisystems.com) writes:

>  > As Algorithmics we had already released it for use in the Linux kernel,
>  > so probably that makes it effectively GPL now, and I think that it might
>  > be hard to "un-GPL" it for use in the BSD kernel. If you think that
>  > isn't a problem, then feel free to talk to us here at MIPS (UK).
>
> Err, as the author of code, you can release it under any license you
> wish.

If "you" = Nigel, that's not so... It's true only where "you" == MIPS
Technologies, a company with lots of lawyers on the staff who will
need to worry their way through any new license.

If you have a policy of keeping the NetBSD kernel GPL-free, I can
kick-off that process.  But if you can use it under GPL rules, you'll
save me a lot of effort.

--
Dominic Sweetman
MIPS Technologies (formerly Algorithmics Ltd)