Subject: Re: SNI RM400
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/11/2002 23:51:35
Thus spake Simon Burge (simonb@wasabisystems.com):

> A very quick look at Linux suggests that the RM200 is an ARC-style
> machine.  I have no idea how different an RM400 is, but maybe these
> can be shoe-horned into NetBSD/arc?

Well, TFTP-booting the NetBSD/arc images resulted in "wrong magic number"
while SGIMIPS only resulted in Exceptions due to wrong Virtual
Addresses (and others).  Since I completely lack any useful information
about that box that contain more than the product specs, my first (of
course, unproven) assumptions were:

- loader does understand how to handle ELF binaries
- NetBSD/SGIMIPS binary type is similar enough to have the loader
  try to execute it at least :)

Well, I don't have the root password for the installed SINIX on that box.
I'm going to do a reinstall of SINIX, so I can at least grap some info
about the underlying hardware.

Ciao

Alex