Subject: SNI RM400
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/11/2002 21:19:19
Hi!

I've got a SNI (Siemens-Nixdorf) RM400C machine which currently runs
SINIX 5.42.

However, since it has a MIPS R4400 SC, Revision 5.0, I had a little hope
it might be able to boot the SGIMIPS kernels.

There seems to be support for the RM200 in the Linux-MIPS port, due to a
lack of a Linux machine I wasn't able to cross-compile a kernel for
linux-mips(el) yet, though, in order to try that.

Any chance I can get that running on NetBSD/sgimips?  It seems to be
the closest relation to me.

It would be nice if I could get a booting executable at least, but
all the images in the sgimips arch are causing Exceptions when
booted via TFTP.

Any idea, hint, pointer to better tftpboot images that might work, etc?

Ciao

Alex