Subject: COMPAT_IRIX, N32, mmap for /dev/zero.
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: GIRISH V. GULAWANI <girishvg@yahoo.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 07/23/2002 03:50:42
Hello, all.
After adding COMPAT_IRIX option to the kernel I am
able to bring up the shell "sh" of IRIX 6.3, which I
suppose is N32 type. Some other commands basically O32
are also okay. However commands like elfdump,
mipscheck fail. The error message appears as --
rld_sbrk: Can't map /dev/zero -- probably not enough
virtual memory.
As I understand its trying to mmap the device
/dev/zero but since mmap is not initialized & also not
implemented, the sbrk fails to map. Please note that I
am just using lib & lib32. I am not emulating IRIX
devices. If I add /emul/irix/dev/zero, device number
(37, 0), even the O32 binaries mentioned above do not
work. For example "uname -a" does not work in this
case, while it works if I dont add emulation device.
Could anybody please help me in trying to figure out
how to handle this situation??
Many thanks & regards,
Girish.

=====