Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX and mips ports
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Dax Kelson <dax@gurulabs.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/15/2002 14:13:37
On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> My problems here is simple: What are the interesting Linux binaries on
> MIPS? I know none of them. Please help! If nobody can tell me about an
> interesting binary, this means that COMPAT_LINUX on Mips is useless...

I made this point many months ago.  I don't think that there are
interesting Linux MIPS binaries.

Qobalt shipped MIPs based Linux boxes several years ago, so you could run
those binaries.  However, those binaries are likely not interesting as
they are old and outdated anyway.

Really, the question is what Linux MIPs binaries exist *that don't have
source* that can't be recompiled into a native NetBSD binary?

I can't think of any.

This *may* change in the future as Linux MIPs support is being actively
worked on and updated with recent 2.4/2.5 kernels.

Dax