Subject: COMPAT_LINUX and mips ports
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/15/2002 21:41:08
I just checked the status of COMPAT_LINUX after the recent changes to
Linux signals. It really helped, since we are now able to run glibc-2.2
binaries (*).

To make it really usable, it would be nice to have the interesting Linux
binaries in pkgsrc, and to have a linuxmips_libs package.

My problems here is simple: What are the interesting Linux binaries on
MIPS? I know none of them. Please help! If nobody can tell me about an
interesting binary, this means that COMPAT_LINUX on Mips is useless...

Also, about making the linuxmips_libs package: Where to find the
distribution? Right now I'm picking libraries on a Linux box. If we want
a linuxmips_libs package, we need to get them from somewhere on the net.
recent Linux stuff is distributed in rpm version > 3, and our current
rpm tools cannot handle it. If you have a suggestion, you are welcome.

(*) after setting Linux kernel version to 2.4.0

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Si la reponse est NT, c'est probablement