Subject: Re: elf2ecoff patches for sgimips
To: None <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/21/2002 21:24:12
In message: <000501c1cfa7$5eb6a240$2900a8c0@ocn.ne.jp>
            "Toru Nishimura" <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
: I'm certainly not a object file format collector, thogh, it looks
: elf2ecoff produces a different header from objcopy does.  Some
: (older?) (e)coff aware loader can recognize simpler form of (e)coff
: header.  It's likely a straight consequence by the fractuation of vendor
: supplied development tool implementation.  I personally think BFD
: is an overkill in this specific case.

My ARCstation I (aka Deskstation rPC44) will not boot with the newer
magic number, but will with the older number.  Often times programs
with the newer number can be changed to the older magic number and
just work.

Just FYI.

Warner