Subject: Re: N32 support
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Jeffrey M. Smith <jeffs@atheros.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/16/2001 22:36:00
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> Next question: how to implement it? As far as I understand it now, this
> is only about having a different trap frame, and modifying
> mips/syscall.c and mips/trap.c  to handle the N32 trap frame. Am I
> missing something? (escpecially about values passed through registers,
> maybe?)

n32 adds a few things:
	- int registers are 64b -- long long support is native.
	- fpu registers are 64b with no register pairs (SR_FR).
	- calling convention changes to use more arg registers,
	  from the temp registers.  Of course they are all still
	  temp registers.
	- IRIX uses 64b things where it makes sense (lseek, etc).
	- trap frames and signal handling obviously change.
	- lots of things I've forgotten.

jeffs