Subject: Toshiba MIPS port
To: 'port-mips@netbsd.org' <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Siders, Keith <keith_siders@toshibatv.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/23/2001 16:06:10
Hello,

Just wondering if  someone could guestimate the porting effort required to
support the Toshiba TX49-series 64-bit core. We may be using a TX49 cpu in
our next project, but are looking at alternatives to the Linux offerings.
Also, does anyone have any idea of how well regular NetBSD runs in a
realtime application, like interrupt and task switch latencies? Plain Linux
can be 100's of milliseconds requiring RT extensions that add to the storage
footprint (we have to boot from Flash memory, diskless operation). I've
included the Toshiba MIPS info link for your reference.

http://www.toshiba.com/taec/cgi-bin/display.cgi?table=Category&CategoryID=13
2

TIA,

Keith Siders