Subject: Re: Tektronix NC215 - Anyone have any info?
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 01/11/2001 19:10:59
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Warner Losh wrote:

> Sounds like a terminal that I have as well...  I've not figured out
> how to boot anything but wince on them.  Mine was made by ncd and
> called a thin star.  Basically I've been told that you need to setup a
> boot server and replace images there.

The ThinStar series are indeed Intel CPU based WinCE NCs. According to
their spec sheets there is an add-on to allow X connectivity but I'm sure
that comes with a cost prohibitive to most hobbyist users. A lot of NCD's
older terminals used MIPS procs but some of their newer ones are PowerPC
based. Can't remeber which product line, however.

-Gary