Subject: Re: MachHitFlushDCache() call in vm_machdep.c
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 05/29/2000 13:34:32
Toru Nishimura wrote:

> I'd like to remove the following code segment from vm_machdep.c which
> is shared by all of NetBSD ports.  Unfortunately I have no R4000
> descenders at hand and no chance to check the removal is valid or not.
> Can MIPS3 owers verify the ommision makes no harm or does matter?

I'll play with this tomorrow.  Note that my 5900-260 has _again_ locked
up - break on the console does nothing either.  I've not got physical
access until tomorrow...

I'd guess that the failure mode of the patch if the MachHitFlushDCache
really was necessary would be that fork would be pretty much knackered?

Simon.