Subject: Re: k0/k1 register while mulhi/mullo manipulation
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/23/2000 14:57:23
In message <Pine.ULT.4.05.10002231426360.2464-100000@lightning.msu.montana.edu>"Michael L. Hitch" writes:

>  How does gdb currently 'know' the stack frame sizes?  If it grovels the
>instruction list looking for the SP adjustments, it will use the framesize
>that the kernel was compiled with.  Does gdb currently do backtraces with
>kernel dumps?  Seems like when I tried it a few days ago, I couldn't do a
>backtrace.  [I thought I had been able to do that before, but I can't be
>sure now.]

I never got it to work.  When I last asked you, you said you'd been
using a handwritten tool to get kernel stack tracebacks.

Just FYI, one of the two r4000 (not r4400) boards I have has somewhat
stricter requirements on hi and lo than in the 2nd. Edition of Kane
(and whoever thee second author was). I never found that in errata.