Subject: Re: -current TLB panics on 3100?
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/09/1999 16:21:44
On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>   I have just 'successfully' reproduced this, and it's easily reproduced
> on my system (in fact, it's almost completely unusable!).
>
>   I just built my custom kernel for a 5000/200 I've been running, and it
> gets the TLB bug 'reliably' during boot up.  I am in the process right
> now of trying to get a core dump of the system so I can do some
> post-mortem kernel groveling.  I've also added some additional debugging
> output in the UTLBmod handler.  Hopefully this shouldn't take too long
> to track down now.

  One additional item:  after adding MIPS3 to my kernel configuration,
the kernel boots up fine, so it certainly looks like it's something
related to a MIPS1-only configuration.  Now all I need to do is figure
out just how to track this little bug down.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant