Subject: magnum pc-50 support
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/30/1999 21:43:31
Hi
 I have read with great interest all the activity on this mailling list,
especially at the mention of the pc-50.

 I just want to understand something. When discussing the ARC port, and
the entire TFTP part of the bios, i believed that there were two bioses
One little endian, for the ARC/NT portion of the machine, which could not
TFTP boot, and the big endian bios, which would load RISC/OS, and thus
could boot over the network.

 The only pre-requisite for the ARC version (little endian) is the
absolute necessesity of the video card. That little card costs quite a
bundle, and has limited support. However, the big endian version supports
booting from a serial console.

 Would NetBSD would with both endiansess, and thus make my video-cardless
PC-50 useful?

 Thanks

Chris Rupnik