Subject: NetBSD/mips64 #3
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/26/1999 10:25:57
Another sketch work of NetBSD/mips64.

NetBSD/mips64 is expected to have larger user process address space.
MIPS3 descenders allow user processes to have 1TB.  My concern is
current pmap.c would need structural changes and improvement while
retaining 32bit process compatibility as well.  More careful use of
CONTEXT/XCONTEXT registers would be desirable too.  I'd like to have
pointers to references around how Solaris7, IRIX6 and HP-UX11 are
approaching to this issue, and how NetBSD/64 (thumb down NetBSD/2000)
should do.  Any idea, VM guru?

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology