Subject: Changes to mips code
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/25/1999 13:47:36
Folks,

I've made two changes to the MIPS MI code that may affect ports other
than the pmax.  The first will definitely need some action by other
ports:

 o Move DB_{AOUT,ELF}_SYMBOLS to a port-specific db_machdep.h
   file.  Look in sys/arch/pmax/include/db_machdep.h for an
   example.  sys/arch/mips/include/db_machdep.h will error if
   neither DB_AOUT_SYMBOLS or DB_ELF_SYMBOLS is defined.

 o The stack pointer isn't reset to CALLFRAME_SIZ bytes below
   _start if it's within the first 4kB under _start.

On the pmax port, I've also added a bootinfo record interface for
communication between the bootloaders and the kernel.  Look in
sys/arch/pmax/include/bootinfo.h and sys/arch/pmax/pmax/machdep.c for
details.  Code for the bootblock side of things will be added shortly.
If this is going to be useful to other MIPS ports, I can move the guts
of it from sys/arch/pmax to sys/arch/mips.

Simon.