Subject: Re: mips/regdef.h
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/24/1999 11:59:59

>>> Old programs are still compilable.
>>
>> I think you will remove these old macros eventually.
>> Is this supposition correct ?

I don't understand your point here.

>>> Continuing to use MachAsmDef.h derivated local dialects won't be
>>> valued for next decades of NetBSD.
>>
>> If there are no reasons to introduce new macros, continuing to use old
>> macros is apparently better.

Disagreed, because MachAsmDef.h is far incomptible with outer worlds.
I repeated reasons in previous posts.

>> So why are the changes to <machine/asm.h> needed ?

Please remember that there is only a single real release of
NetBSD/mips, and as long as the release keeps up with other release of
various NetBSD ports' improvements, foresight modifications will be
ok.

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology