Subject: Re: regdef.h ?
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: None <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/16/1999 16:33:04
soda@sra.co.jp said:
> Is there any consensus about this ?

It was removed quite a while ago on the [nisimura-pmax-wscons]
branch, and made obsolete on the main tree by Castor's work.
My goal was only to make the pmax part of the [nisimura] branch
work with the mainline arch/mips sources. The conflict had to
be resolved in one or the other way, so I've continued into this
direction instead of taking back changes done on the branch.

> I think it is better to leave regdef.h separate from asm.h, to keep
> assembler source level compatibility of mips platforms.

Maybe - otoh the different flavours of asm.h macros might
be a more serious problem.
Perhaps Tohru / Castor can comment on this?

best regards
Matthias