Subject: Re: more mipsel/mipseb/mips lossage
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/11/1999 20:28:42
Jonathan Stone wrote;

	[ ... regarding to PlayStation-2 "128bit MIPS" processor ... ]

> PS: Todd, "clean" is in the eye of the beholder here, and I'm with
> Erik on adding a MACHINE_ARCH_DIR or MACHINE_FAMILY (or whatever).
> Did you see the Sony Playstation announcement? mips{,64,128}{el,eb} ...

I have such an impression that the '128-bit' processor has so-called
VLIW-type extra instructions to drive effectively the multiple
execution units inside.  16 byte instrunction alignment is quite
possible.  I will not be surprised to hear that the processor looks
like 'TLB-less NEC Vr5464.'

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology