Subject: mkdep nits
To: None <port-mips@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/01/1998 09:52:39
Maybe the way I've built gcc has made it just more finicky than what
everyone else is using, but I get errors on 'make depend' when trying
to build a mips system.

The files which bomb out are

	usr/src/libexec/ld.elf_so/mips/rtld_start.S
and
	usr/src/lib/libc/arch/mips/gen/_setjmp.S

In rtld_start.S, cpp doesn't like the lines which begin with

	# [0-9](sp)

because it attempts to interpret them as preprocessor line directives.
Perhaps they could be changed to

       .cprestore 0                    # -> 0(sp) for gp
                                       # -> 4(sp) for atexit
                                       # -> 8(sp) for obj_main

which hides the numerals from the preprocessor.

In  _setjmp.S,

	addu    sp, sp, 32                      # doesn't matter, sanity

the "'" mark causes the cpp to search for a closing quote.
One could simply expand the contraction.

Should I really open PR's for these sorts of errors?

	-castor