Subject: Re: Help: 3.0.1->4.0 screwed X display on iBook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David H. Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/30/2007 18:05:41
Michael wrote:
>Hmm, all it does is to use 24bit colour and point the Xserver at /dev/
>ttyE0 for mapping the graphics chip which it should be doing anyway,  I
>don't know why his one works and yours doesn't.

Yes, neither of those differences are relevant, it works just the same
with 16 bit colour (I haven't tried 8 bit), and the /dev/ttyE0 reference
isn't necessary.  My assumption is that one has to get something in the
Monitor section entries bang on, or it won't work.  (But I don't know
for sure, I found this on the web a few years ago and it "just worked".)

Dave