Subject: Re: radeonfb(4) does not use static EDID
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/23/2007 12:28:43
Hi,

On 12/15/07, Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I've found the cause of the problem (but it's only speculation
> since I haven't yet setup a -current source tree to compile). This is
> how the OF tree looks:
>
> /pci
>  /ATY,MerlinParent (device_type = "ATY,DDParent")
>    /ATY,Merlin_A@0 (device_type = "display")
>    /ATY,Merlin_B@1 (device_type = "display")

[Sorry for replying to myself so many times]

It seems that other models have other variations of this 'parent'
scheme that use other device_types, for example:

ATY,RageM3p12Parent@10 (device_type = "RageM3p-parent")
        ATY,RageM3p12A (device_type = "display")
        ATY,RageM3p12B (device_type = "display")

So it seems that making it just match "ATY,DDParent" in addition to
"display" is not the best solution. Maybe making it look for the child
nodes like netbsd-4 did is the best approach.

Thanks,
Marco.